• Timeline
English
1953

1953: The “Orthodox Sunday Schools Society” is formed, but official registration is unsuccessful

1956

1956: The “Orthodox Educational Society” (OES) applies for registration

1957

1957: OES Bylaws are set and signed by the founding members

1958

1958: OES is registered officially in the Jordanian Ministry of Social Affairs

1960

1960: OES opens the first kindergarten and elementary school in a rented building in Jabal Amman

1965

1965: The foundation stone is laid for of the National Orthodox School (NOS) on land purchased by OES in Shmaisani for that purpose NOS moves from Jabal Amman to its home in Shmaisani

1974

1974: NOS-Shmaisani’s Kindergarten moves to a separate but nearby location allowing for special facilities when the Heirs of the late Wahbeh Tamari donate funds to build a Kindergarten on a piece of land owned by OES. It takes on the name “Wahbeh Tamair Kindergarten”, in commemoration of his memory.

1985

1985: OES establishes a National Orthodox Kindergarten in a rented building in Al-Ashrafiyeh area.

1989

1989: The foundation stone is laid for the National Orthodox School on land owned by OES in Al-Ashrafiyeh (NOS-Ashrafiyeh)

1990

1990: NOS-Ashrafiyeh welcomes its first students

1992

1992: OES starts its Theology Certification Program - the Christian Religious Education Diploma Program

2016

2016: OES inaugurates the Culture & Sports building in the NOS-Shmaisani campus

1953

1953: The “Orthodox Sunday Schools Society” is formed, but official registration is unsuccessful

1956

1956: The “Orthodox Educational Society” (OES) applies for registration

1957

1957: OES Bylaws are set and signed by the founding members

1958

1958: OES is registered officially in the Jordanian Ministry of Social Affairs

1960

1960: OES opens the first kindergarten and elementary school in a rented building in Jabal Amman

1965

1965: The foundation stone is laid for of the National Orthodox School (NOS) on land purchased by OES in Shmaisani for that purpose NOS moves from Jabal Amman to its home in Shmaisani

1974

1974: NOS-Shmaisani’s Kindergarten moves to a separate but nearby location allowing for special facilities when the Heirs of the late Wahbeh Tamari donate funds to build a Kindergarten on a piece of land owned by OES. It takes on the name “Wahbeh Tamair Kindergarten”, in commemoration of his memory.

1985

1985: OES establishes a National Orthodox Kindergarten in a rented building in Al-Ashrafiyeh area.

1989

1989: The foundation stone is laid for the National Orthodox School on land owned by OES in Al-Ashrafiyeh (NOS-Ashrafiyeh)

1990

1990: NOS-Ashrafiyeh welcomes its first students

1992

1992: OES starts its Theology Certification Program - the Christian Religious Education Diploma Program

2016

2016: OES inaugurates the Culture & Sports building in the NOS-Shmaisani campus